About the Doc
It all began in San Leandro, CA in 1981 when Dr. Richard Nassab “the Doc” started his first Chiropractic practice, where he proudly served the community for over 25 years. In 2010, he began a new practice in Pleasanton, CA — and now has expanded with a second location in Dublin, CA — focused on serving even more of our wonderful community.
In this family practice the Doc specializes in sports injuries, professional athletes, work-related injuries, personal injury, car accidents, chronic and acute pain. He thrives by helping people with difficult conditions to heal and take in charge of their health.
The Doc has also had the privilege of teaching many doctors the Gonstead technique, the foundation of his practice. Not all doctors use this technique, as mastering the art of delivering a specific adjustment takes a LOT of practice and dedication. Gonstead is known as the most complete method of biomechanical analysis available for use by today’s Doctor of Chiropractic.
The Doc’s goal is to find the problem and fix it, so that you can forget about it.
More about the Doc and Gonstead - The Foundation of His Practice
Dr. Nassab has advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute conditions. Using a very specific and analytical method known as the Gonstead approach, he conducts a thorough analysis of your spine using five criteria to detect the presence of the vertebral subluxation complex.
- Visualization: Cross referencing all findings, Dr. Nassab will expertly look for subtle changes in your posture and movement to indicate any problems.
- Instrumentation: Using the Nervoscope, the Gonstead System instrument of choice, he will detect any uneven distributions of heat along the spine, which indicate inflammation and nerve pressure.
- Static Palpitation: Nassab will use the Static Palpitation process (feeling “or palpitating” your spine in a stationary position) to feel for the presence of swelling (known as edema), tenderness and any abnormal texture or tightness in the muscles and other tissues of your back.
- Motion Palpitation: He will feel your spine while moving and bending it at various angles to determine how easily or difficult each spine segment moves in different directions.
- X-Ray Analysis: By taking thorough X-rays, Dr. Nass can see the entire structure of your spine. This will also helpful him better evaluate your posture, joint and disc integrity, vertebral misalignments. He will also rule out any pathologies, or recent fractures that may be present or contributing to your condition. To be most effective, these will be taken in the standing, weight-bearing position.
Dr.Nassab, considered a classic chiropractor, has 36 years of successfully using techniques and approaches to help his patients find freedom from chronic pain. He feels passionately about helping his patients live an overall healthy life so they can enjoy it to its fullest.
Dr. Nassab attended Palmer College of Chiropractic-West. He also serves as a post-graduate faculty to three chiropractic colleges.
He is known as the Doctor’s Doctor. Just call me Doc.
Available Via Phone: Mon Through Sat 8:30 am - 6 pm
In Office Hours
Wed: 8:30 am – 12 pm & 2:30 – 6 pm
Thur: 8:30 am – 12 pm & 2:30 – 6 pm
Fri: 8:30 am – 11 am & 2:30 – 5:30 pm
Sat: 8:30 – 11 am
Need our care?
Please call us:
We would love to see how we can help you solve your neck and back problems in the best, pain free methods